Search Engine Optimisation Get found!
How we optimize your website for Search Engines
To help you get found on search engines like Google we will optimize your website based off Googles own basic recommendations.
- Using valid XHTML Markup to code the page.
- Creating unique page titles and page descriptions across the site.
- Creating simple to understand and search engine friendly URLs on all pages.
- Creating a simple directory structure and making the site easy to navigate.
- Using proper heading and sub heading tags within the content to emphasize important text.
- Appropriately naming the images within your site.
- Formatting links so they are easy to spot.
Things you can do to help with your search engine rankings
Google and other search engines read and understand website content much in the same way that people do. They reward websites that include quality and relevant content for each of the pages so that should be your main focus.
- Use words that describe the types of services and products that you offer.
- Think about the words that a user might search for to find a piece of your content.
- If the content is relevant, descriptive and useful you have a better chance of being found.
- Be realistic about the keywords that you are targeting. Think about who else you are competing against for the same words.
- Get inbound links to your website from other relevant websites.
- Keep your content fresh and up to date.
- Create a Facebook Page and Twitter account for your business and actively post and reply to relevant content that links back to your website.
When will I show up in search engines?
Search engines will crawl through your website periodically so it can sometimes take a couple of months before you will show up in search results. Even then, the search engine needs to find your site valuable before it will rank it very well. Because of this, it is common that you will have lower rankings when your site is still new and you do not have many inbound links yet. Over time, and by following our below suggestions, your page ranking will grow.